Fan-favourite Punjabi language content, including the latest blockbuster movies and popular digital series, will now beavailableto Prime members at an add-on subscriptionwith a special introductory offer of INR 599 per annum,through Prime Video Channels
With Prime Video Channels, Amazon’s video entertainment marketplace, Prime members get friction-free and convenient access to a wide range of premium content from multiple video streaming services all available at a single destination—Prime Video
MUMBAI — September 6, 2023—Prime Video, India’s most loved entertainment destination, today announced the addition of Chaupal, India’s leading Punjabi video streamingservice, to Prime Video Channels. Chaupal offersa curated line-up of popular Punjabi language content comprising a wide library of the latest and blockbuster Punjabi movies and web series. Prime members can now purchase an annual add-on annual subscription to Chaupal with a special introductory offer ofINR 599, availableonlythrough Prime Video Channels.
Chaupal’s immersive and engaging multi-genre content includes some of the most popular titles across movies and series, such as KaaliJotta, Aaja Mexico Chaliye, Outlaw, ChalJindiye, Khao PiyoAish Karo, Panchii, andPaani Ch Madhaani, to name a few. In addition to this, Chaupal will also offersubscribers the latest theatrical movie releases, beginning with Carry on Jatta 3(available from September 7 onwards),an uproarious comedy with charismatic performances and irresistible storyline that has struck a chord with audiences across the world and emerged as a mega-blockbuster worldwide.
Commenting on the collaboration, Mahesh Sharma, Vice President of Strategic Partnership and Alliances, Chaupal, said, “With Chaupal, we want to provide the best Punjabi language content to our viewers. For us, this integration is a milestone, and we believe it will have a significant impact in driving the Punjabi content consumption across the length and breadth of this country in the long-term. We are thrilled to partner with Prime Video Channels to offer subscribers relevant, world-class Punjabi entertainment and, at the same time, take our content deeper across India.”
Prime members can purchase an add-on subscription to Chaupal at a special introductory offer of INR 599 annually.
Prime Video Channels benefits for Prime members include:
- No hassle login & billing: Customers do not have to juggle between multiple usernames, passwords and billing due dates. With Prime Video Channels, all premium content subscriptions are managed within a single destination – Prime Video apps and website.
- More time watching, less time deciding: Customers don’t have to spend time toggling between their favourite services to discover what’s new and popular. With Prime Video Channels they can browse in one place, search across all their premium subscription and get personalized recommendations. All of this without ever having to leave the Prime Video app or website.
- Enjoy your favourite features, no matter which service: Customers can enjoy IMDb’s X-Ray feature and a single consolidated watch list and download library for offline viewing. Subscribers can also manage data consumption and much more across all their premium channel subscriptions.
- More Choice: With Prime Video Channels, Prime members can access thousands of additional titles across 21 OTT services, including Chaupal, BBC Player, BBC Kids, Animax + GEM, Lionsgate Play, discovery+, Eros Now, DocuBay, ManoramaMAX, hoichoi, MUBI, AMC+, ShortsTV, VROTT, Acorn TV, NammaFlix, Stingray All Good Vibes, iwonder, Curiosity Stream, MyZen TV, and Museum TV.
ABOUT PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers Prime members a collection of award-winning Amazon Original series, thousands of movies and TV shows—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
Prime Video is just one of the many benefits of a Prime membership, available for just ₹1499/ year. Amazon Prime is designed to make your life better every single day as it provides the best of shopping, savings, and entertainment in one single membership. In India, members get Free Same-day/1-day delivery on eligible items, access to exclusive deals, early access to shopping events, exclusive access to our global shopping event Prime Day; and unlimited access to award-winning movies & TV shows with Prime Video, unlimited access to more than 100 million songs, ad-free and millions of podcast episodes with Amazon Music, a free rotating selection of more than 3,000 books, magazines and comics with Prime Reading, access to monthly free-in game and benefits with Prime Gaming. Prime members can also earn unlimited 5% cashback on all purchases on Amazon.in using the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card i.e., Co-Branded Credit Card (CBCC) as compared to 3% for customers without Prime membership. Go to www.amazon.in/prime to learn more about Prime.
- Included with Prime Video: Thousands of acclaimed TV shows and movies across languages and geographies, including Indian films such as Shershaah, SooraraiPottru, Sardar Udham, Bawaal, Gehraiyaan, Jai Bhim, Jalsa, Shakuntala Devi, Sherni, Narappa, SarpattaParambarai, Kuruthi, Joji, Malik, and #HOME, along with Indian-produced Amazon Original series like Farzi, Jubilee, Dahaad, The Family Man, Mirzapur, Made in Heaven, Jee Karda, Adhura, Four More Shots Please!, Mumbai Diaries 26/11, Suzhal – The Vortex, Sweet Kaaram Coffee, Modern Love, Paatal Lok, Bandish Bandits, Cinema Marte Dum Tak, AP Dhillon: First of a Kind and Amazon Original movies like Maja Ma and Ammu. Also included are popular global Amazon Originals like Citadel, The Lord of The Rings: The Rings of Power, Reacher, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Fleabag, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Wheel of Time and many more, available for unlimited streaming as part of a Prime membership. Prime Video includes content across Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Punjabi, and Bengali.
- Prime Video Mobile Edition: Consumers can also enjoy Prime Video’s exclusive content library with Prime Video Mobile Edition at ₹599 per year. This single-user, mobile-only annual video plan offers everyone access to high-quality entertainment exclusively on their mobile devices. Users can sign-up for this plan via the Prime Video app (on Android) or website.
- Instant Access: Prime Members can watch anywhere, anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV, and multiple gaming devices. Prime Video is also available to consumers through Airtel and Vodafone pre-paid and post-paid subscription plans. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favourite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
- Video Entertainment Marketplace: In addition to a Prime Video subscription, customers can also purchase add-on subscriptions to other streaming services, as well as, get rental access to movies on Prime Video.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime Video Channels offers friction-free and convenient access to a wide range of premium content from multiple video streaming services all available at a single destination – Prime Video website and apps. Prime Members can buy add-on subscriptions and enjoy a hassle-free entertainment experience, simplified discovery, frictionless payments, and more.
- Rent: Consumers can enjoy even more movies from new releases to classic favourites, available to rent – no Prime membership required. View titles available by visiting primevideo.com/store. The rental destination can be accessed via the STORE tab on primevideo.com and the Prime Video app on Android smart phones, smart-TVs, connected STBs, and Fire TV stick.
Chaupal is a one-stop destination for all your latest and popular web series and films in three languages Punjabi, Haryanvi, and Bhojpuri. Some of the latest content includes Shikari, KalliJotta, Carry on Jatta 3, Outlaw, Panchhi, and many more. Chaupal is your ultimate entertainment app as it is ads-free, can watch offline, can create multiple profiles, seamless streaming, worldwide/travel plans, and continuous unlimited entertainment all year round.
SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES: